Quality & Continuous Improvement Leader | Disciplined Agile Scrum Master | Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
Mina M. Davis
Executive Summary & Candidate Overview
Quality assurance, service excellence and business growth professional with over fifteen years of success as a profit center. Quickly achieves revenue growth, brand recognition, and marketplace dominance objectives by precisely aligning product design, development and go-to-market initiatives with competitive intelligence and client needs assessments. Bolsters net income and financial prowess to record-breaking levels by leveraging quality systems, agile lean principles, six sigma, and continuous improvement methodologies. Serves as a trusted advisor and confidante to clients, manufacturing partners, executives, management teams and staff. Inspires the rapid identification of hidden opportunities and the development of innovative solutions by collaborating cross-functionally with key internal and external stakeholders. Transforms underperforming individuals and groups into dedicated teams, driven by accountability and empowered to achieve unprecedented results.
Accomplishments & KPIs
Cost Savings and Efficiency Enhancement: As a Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager, successfully achieved an estimated 3.5% ($700K) annual cost savings target, established a long-term roadmap for business improvements, and increased win rates on new opportunity pursuits. Also, led the digitalization of processes resulting in improved efficiency and optimization of revenue forecasting.
Quality Improvement and ISO Certification: Led initiatives to enhance quality management systems, contributing to potential ISO 9001 certification. Achieved an 88% Built-in Quality Supply (BIQS) base score increase within 18 months and maintained alignment with quality and continuous improvement culture.
Supplier Quality and Revenue Growth: Played a pivotal role in winning over $100 million in business with a Fortune 100 company by utilizing quality systems and negotiation skills. Achieved a significant BIQS recognition and earned “Supplier of the Year” recognition multiple times.
Global Project Management and Agile Adoption: Demonstrated global project management expertise by leading quality teams dispersed across multiple OEM facilities. Achieved an 88% Built-in Quality Supply (BIQS) base score increase, earned a Disciplined Agile Scrum Master certification, and boosted engagement through agile/lean methodologies.
Product Development and Revenue Growth: Managed global product development operations at a Fortune 100 company, achieving a 10x organic engagement increase in the Smart Driver application, delivering a 13% increase in insurance revenue, and expanding monetization opportunities by leveraging strategic initiatives.
Skills, Experience & Depth of External Relationship
1. Agile Project Management
2. Quality Systems & Lean Agile Principles
3. Data Analysis & Operational Efficiencies
4. Strategic Planning & Implementation
5. Program & Project Management
6. Vendor Relations & Contract Negotiations
7. Cross-functional Collaboration
8. Customer Experience & Success Management
9. Market Analysis & Sales Operations
10. Conflict Resolution & Alternative Dispute Resolution
Education & Certifications
- Walsh University, Troy, MI – Bachelor of Business Administration, Minor in Management
- Training: Technical problem-solving and troubleshooting in manufacturing environments; ISO 9001:2015; VDA 6.3 and AIAG MSA, SPC, APQP, PPAP, IATF 16949, OpEX training, lead auditor training
- Certifications: Red X Apprentice; Potential Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA) Black Belt Certification; Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Black Belt; Run at Rate Green Belt
- American Society for Quality – ASQ: Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence
- Project Management Institute: Disciplined Agile Scrum Master
- Dale Carnegie: Leadership Training for Managers
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word, Vizio; IBM Notes; SAP; Fiat Chrysler, Ford, GM and Tesla proprietary customer portals; NoSQL databases; Cloud computing; Tableau; Jira; Slack; Aha Product Management Software; Salesforce; UltiPro; My TalentCompass; Skype; Zoom; and Signavio business process tool
- JumpStart Committee Member; Cares Event Volunteer and Participant
- Livonia Hockey Association, Player, Earned Adult Hockey League Champion status
Current Position: Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager
Position Seeking: Quality and Continuous Improvement
Current Location: Southwest Florida
Ideal Geographic Location: Florida, Remote and/or up to 50% travel
Desired Compensation: Under Consideration